Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thay mirror!

I sometime wonder who the guy is whose face I examine every morning in the large mirror when I shave before I go to work. In some ways I do feel as if I know him, but only on a superficial level: the same way we think we know the actors in our favorite soap operas. We may know every explicit detail of the lives of the characters, but the true personality of the actor themselves is a huge mystery which we have little or no hope of ever solving.

A mirror's sole purpose is to reflect. In my case, though, as I would say in most cases , mirrors seem to reflect my/our persona rather than my/our personality. This, thankfully, indicates that the mirror sees only what the rest of the world does; exactly what I/we want to be seen.

The mirror is important in everyones life. This is not to say that most of our spare time is spent gazing lovingly into it, rather that it is with the help of our mirror that we adopt our outward persona every morning. While standing in front of it I transform myself from the everyday world-face me to the outgoing, bubbly, mature creature I wish I really was everyday.

Take the mask away people. Thay mirror will help you. Let me see the blood pouring out your face, from the real you. I can taste from here the smell of the inner you, the smell of inner me.

It hurts.

it feels good.

I will enjoy it.

No comments:

FOOD FOR YOUR BRAIN