Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Would they curse me...?

As I sit here and stare at the Mac
I wonder who sits at my back.
If they knew what I write
would they curse me and bite
or start up some verbal attack?

Well, as I walk through the door to get outside of my office, of course to smoke out my boring day, I squeeze my eyes shut against the reflected sunlight, I thought about how I would approach this project. How to say what I need to say, without saying it in a way that has been said a thousand times, in a million-million words.

The voices in my head struggle to escape from the Microsoft word page I have opened, but there's this thing in between my thoughts and my eyes...my mind. Language that I would never actually use in speaking to someone seems to just flow, driven by some primal "college survival" instinct, from my fingertips when I sit down at the word-page with an assignment in hand. This has become a real dilemma, as I now struggle for true expression and attempt to beat back the demons of 10 years worth of practice at the 'official style' of writing. LoL

I feel that I have become quite well adapted to writing the language of unbearable thoughts through out my mind. Here I come and here I go again leavening you as well with the same dilemma I have inside my mind ...

There is a stranger in my head.


No comments:

FOOD FOR YOUR BRAIN